For all classes:
- Sewing machine, power strip or extension cord
- Sewing kit—whatever YOU need to sew (and/or fuse) to work well and comfortably
- 4' x 8' piece of fleece, flannel, or batting to pin to design surface
- Masking tape
- Large cutting mat—size 23" x 17" is recommended
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting rulers:
- Straight edge, recommended size: 24" x 6"
- Large square, recommended size: 12" to 15"
- Fabric and paper scissors
- Sketch pad, size: 9" x 11"
- Sharpie pens
- Pencil for sketching
- Pen for taking notes (don’t worry, they’ll be brief)
- Collect and bring to class pictures of art work, landscapes, images
that you like:
- Use magazines, postcards, calendars, photos, etc.
- Include intriguing color combinations (e.g., from advertisements)
- “Chalk type” pencils or fabric markers
- Pad of tracing paper, size 9" x 11"
- Glue stick or the like
Fabric for all classes:
- Fabrics you like to work with or want to explore
- Include some solids, mottled, hand dyed, “solid-ish” fabrics
- Fat quarters to 1-yard pieces
- Good range of colors
- Range of values dark to light
(some very light, some very dark,
include some solid black)
Additional supplies for
Structure & Variations: Black Fabric Sketch and The ABCs of Compositon
Bring all from the lists above, plus:
- 1 to 3 yards of black cotton fabric, depending on duration of class
- Printed, solid, or hand dyed/painted
fabrics—those dramatic ones you haven’t been able to cut into
Note: To see the “Print this Page” button,